Thursday, August 7, 2014


My-S-Cap started from a simple request to make surgical caps as a Christmas present in 2010. It quickly went from making surgical caps to designing comfortable head wear for ladies dealing with hair loss due to chemo treatment.
I did some soul searching before opening My-S-Cap.  I really did want to make a little difference in the lives of others.  Being a former Home Ec. teacher, I was used to having to write objectives before teaching a lesson.  I did the same for My-S-Cap.  I love to sew and help others.  For me that became the driving force behind My-S-Cap.  From a simple request in 2010, My-S-Cap is now a fast growing company with over 50 styles/items.... all the results of other "special requests".  In addition to making head wear, I now make padded crutch wrap set, oxygen tank totes, CPAP covers, stethoscope covers ......
My-S-Cap is a small company with big dreams of..... making a difference one stitch at a time.  I make that difference by offering items that really help make one’s life a little more comfortable and by donating 10% of each sale to a variety of nonprofit organizations such as: Central KY Cancer Program CKCP, Wounded Warrior Project, Fighting Fancy and many others.  I am blessed to have the time and the health to make this possible.
Since 2010 My-S-Cap has grown into an international company hoping to reach 2,00 sales by the end of 2014.
Nothing "makes my day" more than hearing back from a buyer that they are so please with their purchases.
It really is the "little things" in life that makes it special.
Check out "myscap" on Pinterest. I created boards with information / ideas of possible items to help ladies going thru cancer, people with broken bones just to name a few of the boards.

**********************
BROKEN BONE / CAST
This is an excellent article to read if you are carrying for someone in a cast.
http://bit.ly/1dLRoA0 

1 comment: