Wednesday, January 10, 2018


I was greeted this morning with a Facebook question wondering what the “S” in My-S-Cap stood for???    


I started to tell her and then thought…..this would be an excellent topic for my first 2018 blog entry!  So here it is!!!!

 

I found out that choosing a name for my company was just as involved as deciding on the names of my two sons.    Like with my children’s names, I had many possibilities.   

 

 My first choice for my little company was “Patrician”.  I remember being in grade school thinking it would be a neat name for a clothing line because Patricians were the upper class in the Roman Empire.   When I shared this with my husband, his response was………….”no one but a history teacher would know that’!

 

My next choice was “Voila”!  I spent some time in France, and obscured that  any time something was exciting or needed attention called to it, people would say “Voila”.    I was excited and thought……this is a perfect name!   I showed it to my rural Kentucky husband and he said, “Who is Viola?”      I definitely didn’t want people to think my name was Viola!

 

It was my dear hubby who actually came up with My-S-Cap.   At the time, I was only making surgical caps.    His reasoning was….it was simple, people could read it and not get confused, and I was making surgical caps.    So the “S” originally started out standing for Surgical.

 

If I knew then that my company would end up being an international company with over 550 listings, I probably would have selected a different name. LOL    So now, when I’m asked, I usually say the “S” stands for special because all of my clients are “special”!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment